- Provides real-world education
- College credit for previous work and life experience and for education and equivalency exams
- Active duty military scholarship supplements the military assistance program to provide 100% tuition coverage for undergraduate tuition and a majority of graduate tuition
- Training and educational experience from the military may earn college credit
- Provides accelerated courses online and on-campus
- Tutoring is available for many introductory courses
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Overview of Strayer University
Strayer University has more than 90 campuses in over 20 U.S. states. The school was established in 1892 as Strayer’s Business College. The university provides diploma, certificate, bachelor’s, and master’s degree programs in an array of subjects.
Over 50% of the students take all of their courses online. Students can also take a combination of online and on-campus courses. Strayer University is a GoArmyEd, NCPDLP, and Air University ABC school.
Online and on-campus programs are available in subjects such as business administration, accounting, education, criminal justice, public administration, information technology, and health services administration.
- About 2/3 of the students are women
- The average age of the students is about 34
- Students have access to academic advisors
- The university has a career development department
- Students have access to student services officers
- The school has technical support staff members
- Students can choose to take synchronous or asynchronous classes
Over 50% of the courses provided by Strayer University are taught by full-time instructors who have the highest degree level in their area. The other courses are taught by adjunct professors who are generally professionals who have real-world experience in their field.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
Applicants for Strayer University undergraduate programs are required to have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Applicants for graduate degree programs other than the Executive MBA program are required to have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college. They must also meet at least one of the following criteria to be accepted into a graduate degree program: minimum 2.75 undergraduate GPA during their junior and senior years; minimum score of 450 on the GMAT; minimum score of 1000 on the GRE; or demonstrate they are of “graduate potential.”
Also, Strayer University personnel help students put together a financial aid package.