Highlights of Capella University
- In 2010, ranked the #3 online university by Global Language Monitor
- Received CHEA award for Outstanding Institutional Practice in Student Learning Outcomes, 2010
- Received WCET Outstanding Work Award, 2009, recognizing innovative uses of educational technologies in higher education
- Received the Learning Impact award, 2009, from the international IMS Global Learning Consortium for outstanding use of technology in support of learning
- Named a Military Friendly School by G.I. Jobs Magazine
- Students can obtain a limited number of credits through a prior learning assessment program which can provide college credit for experience-based learning
- Credit for military training
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission
Overview of Capella University
Capella University, established in 1993, is a subsidiary of Capella Education Company.
Capella University Online provides certificates and bachelor’s, master’s, education specialist, and doctoral degree programs. The university offers more than 130 graduate and undergraduate specializations.
Capella University Online degrees are available in subjects such as counseling, business management, criminal justice, project management, health care, information technology, nursing, public administration, and social work. Many of the courses and programs are designed to meet standards established by professional associations.
- Students communicate with each other on the Internet
- Students have access to technical support
- Staff members provide a variety of assistance
- About 94% of the students are enrolled part-time
- About 74% of the students are female
Qualified, experienced instructors teach the Capella University Online classes.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
Capella University staff members are available to help applicants with the enrolling process.
Capella University Online provides tuition discounts for military personnel. The university participates in several federal financial aid programs including the Federal Stafford Loan program and the Federal Pell Grant Program. The university is also eligible to certify veterans educational benefits.
Capella University funds scholarships in select disciplines. External scholarships are provided specifically to Capella University students.