Highlights of Nova Southeastern University
- Included in Princeton Review‘s list of “The Best Distance Learning Graduate Schools”
- According to the school, it’s the nation’s seventh largest not-for-profit, independent university
- Offers tutoring services
- Provides internships and practicum
- Accreditation provided by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Overview of Nova Southeastern University
Established in 1964, Nova Southeastern University, a not-for-profit institution, is situated in the Ft. Lauderdale area, in Florida. Students can select from bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs, as well as graduate certificate programs. NSU offers a wide array of programs through numerous academic divisions.
Nova Southeastern University has been re-designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education by the National Security Agency as well as by the Department of Homeland Security.
Online master’s degree curricula are available in areas including education, computer science, and information technology. The university offers online doctoral programs in computer science and information technology.
Continuing education graduate certificate programs are provided in brain-based teaching, administration of information security, and information system security.
- Students have access to the Office of Information Technologies Computing Help Desk
- Career Development office representatives provide students a variety of assistance
- The university provides an Electronic Library
The classes provided by Nova Southeastern University are taught by qualified, experienced instructors.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
The admissions requirements of Nova Southeastern University for the master’s and doctoral degree, as well as graduate certificate programs vary by the program.
Financial aid is provided to eligible students. Students are eligible for scholarships and grants from the Federal Cyber Service Scholarship for Service Program and the Department of Defense (DoD) Information Assurance Scholarship Program.