Highlights of Adventist University of Health Sciences
- Providing healthcare education for over 80 years
- Provides 100% online programs
- Bachelor’s degree in radiological sciences obtained in 18 to 24 months
- Bachelor’s of science in nursing degree acquired in 18 to 24 months
- Multiple mentors assist students with coursework and guide students through the program
- Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Overview of Adventist University of Health Sciences Online
Adventist University of Health Sciences—formerly known as Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences—is a private Christian college, situated in Orlando, Florida. The university offers on-campus and online programs in nursing and allied health education. Adventist University of Health Sciences is a Seventh Day Adventist institution. The college is owned and operated by Florida Hospital. The university strives to combine professional knowledge with Christian values.
- RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing online program: Focuses on leadership training and career advancement opportunities. Students can continue in their job while acquiring more education. RNs who passed the NCLEX exam and have an active license may be granted 28 college credits. The program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
- Bachelor of Science in Radiological Sciences online program: Offers the credentials required to advance into educator leadership or administrative positions. The faith-based program covers holistic healing methods and medical imaging theories. The program also covers mammography, CT and MRI subjects.
- Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography online program: Designed for sonographers who want administrative and/or educator positions. The faith-based program provides training in advanced sonography applications and holistic healing approaches for patient care. The program is a bachelor’s degree completion program for sonographers who have graduated from a regionally-accredited institution and for sonographers registered with ARDMS, CCI or ARRT who have also met the prerequisite requirements of the program.
- The online students have plenty of opportunities to interact with each other and with faculty members
- School staff members are available to assist students with a variety of issues
- The online programs offer coaching from faculty and peers
The nursing courses are taught by experienced instructors who have expertise in their field. Practicing imaging instructors teach the bachelor’s degree in radiological sciences courses.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
Applicants for the online educational programs should contact the college’s Off-Site Admissions Center to begin the application process. Enrollment specialists guide applicants through the admissions process. Applicants who have an active RN license but don’t have an associate of science degree from a regionally accredited institution may be admitted to the Bridge Program. Also, online students are eligible for government scholarships and grants. Student loans are also available.