Feature articles at TheBestSchools.org provide a window into the world of college and university education. These articles help you in figuring out how best to pursue your studies and get your degree.
Recent Feature Articles:
- Jean Mrasek Interview: College students and their parents often have preconceived notions about Greek organizations. For better insight, we asked the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) chair, Jean Mrasek.
- Holly Ordway Interview … Join us for a conversation with Dr. Ordway, chair of Houston Baptist University’s Department of Apologetics, as she discusses why apologetics has slipped into disuse, and why from there it must be revived.
- The Political Correctness Inventory … How politically correct are you? But wait, is it necessarily a good thing? PC according to whom? Take the fun and informative quiz to see where you stand!
- Politically Correct and Politically Incorrect Careers … Some jobs are a way of life, they are a part of one’s meaning in life, and they often require taking a stand for something. See what careers resembles callings more than careers.
- The 30 Most Popular Online Colleges … High enrollment numbers indicate that the school is doing something right! Find out which schools have the highest populations—i.e., who’s the most popular.
- The Darwinian Fundamentalism Index … To complement our popular Fundamentalist Beliefs Inventory, we commissioned another quiz measuring Darwinian Fundamentalism. How Darwinian are you?
- Henry Gradillas Interview … Garfield High’s remarkable principal, who oversaw its golden age as depicted in the film Stand and Deliver, describes his life and revolutionary approach to education.
- The 25 Smartest Teenagers in the World Today Infographic … The scary smart teenagers on this list have, in some cases, accomplished more than many of us do in a full lifetime.
- The 50 Most Influential Scientists in the World Today … Science makes the world go round. Check out the scientists who are spinning it the fastest.
- The Fundamentalist Belief Inventory … How much do you agree with Christian Fundamentalist Principles? Take this short quiz to find out. Will you be surprised by your results, or will you get what you expect?
General Feature Articles:
- The World’s 50 Smartest Teenagers … When most of us look at these kids, we realize just how little we’ve accomplished in our lives.
- Jaime Escalante—A Great Teacher You Should Know … Played by Eddie Olmos in the film Stand and Deliver, Escalante took inner-city LA kids to a level of math achievement unheard of before or since.
- Six Dangerous Subjects to Debate with Your Professor … The academic world is a wonderful place that brings a lot of benefits, but it also contains pitfalls, some of which are described here.
- The 10 Highest-Paid College Professors in the U.S. … Average college and university professor salaries range from $30,000–$100,000; these professors are well out of that typical salary range.
- Top High School Athletes Seeking Scholarships: Men … Are you seeking a sports scholarship? Learn how to grab the attention of coaches at the top schools in the NCAA Division I level and possibly get a college scholarship.
- Top High School Athletes Seeking Scholarships: Women … Relatively few female athletes easily attract the attention of college coaches because of the lack of media attention. But, with the right approach, you can; here’s some tips.
- The 50 Smartest People of Faith … Contrary to the notion that most educated and well-informed people are atheist or a least agnostic, here are 50 upper echelon scholars who are also people of faith.
- The 50 Top Atheist in the World Today … In this list you will find people who confidently deny the existence of God — and they are well-known for their position. Find out who makes the biggest public impact for their atheist beliefs.
- The Great Books Alternative … Great Books and Core Text programs do exist for those with too many interests to fit into one degree.
- Recognized Schools for Children with Autism … Selecting a school for an autistic child is a heavy responsibility, to say the least. This list provides some guidance, and is perhaps a starting point for making a life-changing decision.
- 20 of the Best Colleges Providing Free Tuition … Believe it or not, you can obtain a college degree without paying a tuition. Discover schools that allow you to work your way through college, rather than working to live through college.
- The 15 Smartest Preteens in the World … Child prodigies are endlessly fascinating. Check out this child geniuses. Do you see any future world changers? Warning: Don’t let this article make you disappointed in yourself or your kids.
- Peter J. Boettke Interview … One of the most influential Austrian economists today and George Mason economics professor, Boettke talks to us about Austrian Theory and his book Living Economics: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.
- William Dembski Interview … A leading thinker about design in biology, Dembski discusses his varied career as a mathematician, philosopher, and theologian, offering insights about how to deal with controversy in the academy.
- Jennifer Michael Hecht Interview … An atheist in the best humanistic tradition, Hecht displays a sensitivity and insight to the human religious impulse that’s foreign to the more strident atheists like Sam Harris.
- Michael Licona Interview … Licona, Professor of Theology at Houston Baptist University, talks to us about his book (a standard for Resurrection historicity) The Resurrection of Jesus: A New Histiographical Approach.
- Greg Lukianoff Interview … President of the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE), Lukianoff talks to us about the infringement upon free-speech rights of students on America’s college campuses.
- Sally Satel Interview … A trenchant critic of reductive neuroscience, Satel authored Brainwashed: The Seductive Appeal of Mindless Neuroscience. In this interview, we discuss this book, its ideas, and what led her to write it.