Highlights of UMass Online
- In 2012, U.S. News & World Report ranked the University of Massachusetts #42 in its list of “Top Public Schools”
- The University of Massachusetts ranked #45 best university in the world and 22nd best in North America by the Times Higher Education Supplement, published by TSL Education Ltd of London
- UMass Online won the Sloan Consortium Award for the Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program
- UMass has provided education on the Web since 1995
- Programs are accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Overview of UMass Online
UMass Online showcases the wide range of associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees available online through the University of Massachusetts. The online students learn from the same world-class instructors as students who attend on-campus classes.
UMass Online features over than 100 degree and certificate programs and more than 1,500 online courses in education, nursing, liberal arts, business and management, public health, information technology, and many other fields.
- The classes include discussions and chat rooms
- Classes include projects, collaborative assignments, and exercises
- Students have access to library facilities, academic advising, and other services
The instructors participate in online discussions, answer email questions, and schedule regular chat sessions with their students throughout the semester.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
UMass staff are available to help applicants with the admissions process. Applicants for the graduate degree programs are required to have a bachelor’s degree. In addition, financial aid is available to those who qualify.