- USC ranked 26th among national universities by U.S. News & World Report
- USC Ranked 23rd among national universities by the Center for Measuring University Performance
- Rossier School of Education ranked 38th by U.S. News & World Report
- Master of Arts in Teaching can be completed in only one year
- Tuition reimbursement program for online Master of Arts in Teaching program
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Click here for free information about an online
Master’s Degree from USC!
Overview of University of Southern California
The University of Southern California (USC), a private university, was established in 1880. USC is a world-renowned research institution located in Los Angeles, California.
The University of Southern California online provides numerous bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees and certificates. USC online has small classes. The university has numerous academic divisions. The Rossier School of Education is known for graduate study in urban education.
The Rossier School of Education is known for application of research. The master’s degree in teaching provides interactive online learning and field-based experiences in the student’s local area. Students are prepared to become an agent of change in elementary and secondary schools.
Those interested in teaching at a middle school or a high school can pursue a single-subject emphasis with a concentration in one of the following topics: Mathematics, social studies, language arts, or science. Those seeking to teach at an elementary school can pursue a multiple subject emphasis.
Besides teaching, the University of Southern California online offers numerous master’s degree programs in the areas of gerontology, aging services management, communications management, geographic information science and technology, social work, public administration, and other areas.
- The Career Services Center provides networking events, career counseling workshops, and much more
- The student services team members are available to assist people choosing to teach in another state in identifying the most direct and efficient path to obtain local certification
- Due to a large number of USC Alumni having leadership positions all over the world, graduates can benefit from a lifetime of networking opportunities and references
The classes provided by the University of Southern California online are taught by experienced, full-time USC faculty members.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
Applicants of the graduate programs need to have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Each department at the University of Southern California has its own admissions standards. The MAT program does not require the GRE. Regarding financial assistance, USC staff members help students put together a financial aid package.